Sunday, March 6, 2011

Avalanche

I got four Avalanche tickets from work to last night's game so Ryan, Dion, Amy and I went to dinner and the game.  We started off at Breckenridge Brewery right across from Coors Field and had some yummy food and drinks.


Then we headed to the game at Pepsi Center.  We had great seats not too far up from the ice and pretty much right behind the visitors bench.  Now, I really don't know anything about hockey other than we are trying to get the puck in the goal, but I'm pretty sure the Avs are terrible.  It could be that the Edmonton Oilers are just THAT GOOD but they already had 3 goals before the Avs scored their first and only of the night.  Also, I'm pretty sure that games are usually not as high scoring as this one was with the Oilers winning 5-1.  It was still a lot of fun to watch even though I can't figure out any discernible offense and I don't understand how they know when to come on and off the bench.  They look like a swarm of ants just skating to and from the bench. We also saw a lot of fights and I'm not talking the roughing up that you normally see on ice.  I'm talking two people punching each other in the face!  Anytime anyone's glove went flying off into the air you knew that you were going to see fisticuffs.  I couldn't believe that the refs just stood there and watched them duke it out until someone fell to the ground or there was a clear winner!  I have been to hockey games before but never saw that much fighting! 



  
We had a lot of fun and it was a great way to kick off the first night after Ryan was finished with school!  Technically, today is his "last day" but being typical Ryan he finished everything yesterday morning and turned it in so he is officially done!

No comments:

Post a Comment