Copeland turns 9 months old in two days and I know I won't post then so I'm going to go ahead and do it now. This month Copeland:
- got his first tooth! I really can't tell if teething was a problem or not because he was sick so much before it popped through but I think a second one is coming in and he isn't really fussy.
- claps his hands all the time and is more coordinated about it than last month.
- can go from crawling to sitting to crawling seamlessly. He also can pull up to his knees.
- knows where to find all his toys and will actively crawl to them to pull them off the shelf/out of the basket.
- can use his thumbs to pinch things. He can now pluck his donuts (from his graduated donut stack) off one at a time instead of just dumping the entire stack over.
- went on his second airplane ride! We got to go to Kansas City and visit with grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. Such a special time and he was such a great traveller again!
- can drink from a straw (thanks Aunt Leslie!) and eat from chopsticks.
- eats solids four times a day and breastmilk 5-6 times.
- wears 9 month clothes and size 3 shoes.
Also this month Copeland's diaper pail broke. I think we overstuffed it and kept trying to jam it closed. This wouldn't be newsworthy except for the fact that I spent at least 30 minutes researching "best diaper pails" and after watching about 20 minutes of diaper pail comparison videos Ryan informed me that we were at the extreme outer limits of coolness. Oh well. So a large part of my life revolves around diapers. I wouldn't change it for anything. We love Copeland more than words could ever express.