I seriously don't know where the time has gone. This pregnancy has been flying by. I feel like I just found out I was pregnant! I guess it's a good thing that I don't instead feel like it's been dragging along for an interminable time. Here are some things that have been happening in the past 8 weeks:
- Ryan and Copeland can now feel and see little biscuit moving around inside my stomach. That happened just a few weeks ago.
- I went through a steak phase during which time I forced the family to eat steak 4-5 times in one week. I have since backed off of my steak consumption but I am still heavily carnivorous, which is quite a change from my non-pregnant appetite. Also, I couldn't stand red meat when I was pregnant with Copeland.
- I am now at the stage where it's a bit uncomfortable to lean over and tie my shoes. I've decided it is easier to be pregnant in the summer when I can wear breezy clothes and sandals instead of jeans, sweaters, and shoes that require tying or zipping.
- Compared to last pregnancy I have gained relatively little weight. I attribute this to having Copeland to chase around.
- I just started feeling uncomfortable in bed last week. I am a back sleeper and now with my substantial stomach it isn't as comfortable to stay on my back so I am forced to sleep on my sides. I don't really like sleeping on my side and even though we have a great bed, I wake up several times throughout the night with achy hips and calves (and I do sleep with a pillow between my legs). My ears also get sore. (Is that even normal???)
- I can still wear several non-maternity tops and dresses. I think I must have never started wearing form-fitting clothes again after I had Copeland so that's why I'm still able to do it. I don't remember being able to wear any non-maternity clothes at this stage when I was pregnant last time.
- I am at the stage where I am uncomfortably hot for large periods of the day. When I am not pregnant I am usually always cold.
- I was going to say that I wasn't swelling yet like last time but just today my shoes and rings are a bit tight. I will blame it on the high sodium content of the Chinese food I had last night and for lunch. (Kung Hei Fat Choy! - Happy Chinese New Year! On a side note, this is the year of the monkey. I was also born in the year of the monkey. Ryan and Copeland were both born in the year of the snake.)
- I am getting so excited to meet our new family member!!!!
|22 weeks 2 days|
|25 weeks 2 days|