Monday, September 12, 2011

Les Miserables

Last Friday, Ryan and I got to attend the traveling Broadway show of Les Miserables.  It was my company's summer event for employees and their significant others.  We started off the evening with cocktails and hors d'oeuvres at The Corner Office, which is right across the street from the Denver Center for  Performing Arts Complex.  I was pleasantly surprised by how good the place was!  Then we headed to the Buell Theater for the show.  We ended up having seats in the SECOND ROW!!!  I was so excited that we could see the orchestra in the pit when we were standing and we were SO close to the actors on the stage.  The musical was amazing and I loved every minute of it!  I tried to get a picture to show how close we were but all you see is the lady in the background (who is not an actor).
The next morning, Ryan woke up early to road bike with Dion.  They rode from Dion's house in Thornton to Golden, about 25 miles.  Amy, Lily, and I then met them for brunch at the Bridgewater Grill.  It was nice enough we were able to sit outside with a view of Clear Creek.


I couldn't resist taking this picture of the "yoga squirrel" I saw inside the hotel.

Afterward, we browsed at the Golden Farmer's Market and then headed to Arvada's Harvest Festival in Olde Town.



The rest of the weekend was pretty low key.  We watched some football, ran errands, worked out, read, cooked, and basically just hung out together. 


No comments:

Post a Comment