Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter

Ryan and I started off the day with early church service at 8:00 am.  He had to bribe me with a promise of breakfast afterwards to get me up that early (my vote was to attend the later service at 10:00 am).  For breakfast we headed to Jack-N-Grill which is a delicious New Mexican restaurant that roasts its own green chiles for the spicy and tasty green chili that I smothered all over my eggs and hash browns.  I forgot to take a picture of our meals before we devoured them.

Later I made our Easter dinner of salmon with brown sugar and mustard glaze, asparagus and green beans with chili-orange oil, and balsamic red onions.

It was sooooo good!  Thanks to my trusty Everyday Food magazine by Martha Stewart.
The dogs were pretty excited about it too.
I hadn't made any dessert because I thought I would try to be healthy but both Ryan and I were craving something sweet later in the evening so Ryan decided to make homemade ice cream!

And then he used the homemade ice cream to make homemade blizzards!



Yum!  Easter 2011 was a good one.  Hope everyone else had a great day as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment