Thursday, January 12, 2012

Party Time!

You might think I"m going to write about Ryan's and my New Year's Eve plans; however, that is not correct as we didn't even make it up until midnight that night!  We did make a nice dinner and stayed up until at least 10:30...I think.  Honestly, after we got home from Kansas we spent a lot of time just chilling at home.  I used the the time to read The Hunger Games trilogy (which was amazing) which pushed me well over my goal of how many books I would read last year.  I can't wait for the movie now!  We also watched The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, went to Arvada Beer Company, and watched some football.  It was wonderful to spend some down time at home.

The parties I'm speaking of all happened last weekend.  It was super fun and busy!  On Friday night we went over to a friend's house to watch the Cotton Bowl.  There were a bunch of other K-State alums there and I even met another woman who had been in my sorority at a different time.  What a small world!  Too bad we didn't beat the pigs (Arkansas) but we had a really fun time anyway.  I only got one blurry bad picture on my iPhone.
The next night we had our friend Scott's birthday party.  So much fun to see old friends and meet new ones.

Shots for the birthday boy:

Bridget, Chris, and Ryan:
Me and Dana (apparently I do not have a concept of personal space - sorry I practically sat on you Dana!):

The next day we went to the Broncos playoff game against the Steelers!  My old boss got me the tickets and even invited us to tailgate with him and his friends so, of course, we accepted.  All of his friends were a lot of fun and made us feel very welcome.  Being met with a beer in a parking lot before noon is never a bad way to start off a day.

Me and Jeff, my old boss, and his friend Chris

I was apparently so excited to get to our seats I pretty much ditched Ryan on the escalator.  Sorry!


I even bought a new good luck beanie for the game.

The game was amazing!  Unfortunately, I really, really had to go to the bathroom pretty much the whole 4th quarter and just could not wait any longer so I went at the end of regulation because I figured I'd have time to get back to my seat before overtime got underway.  Who knew that it would end in a record short time of 11 seconds!!!  I ended up watching the play on the concourse TV and celebrating with some random girl that hugged me and started jumping up and down and poor Ryan was still stuck in the bathroom.  Here we are celebrating after the game was over.  Also, I took video of our walk out of the stadium to show how crazy it was!

What a great weekend!  Man was I ever tired on Monday.  Thank goodness I didn't get super busy with my year end duties until Tuesday.  And speaking of Tuesday, I got a special treat because Ryan's and my friend Chris was in town from Dallas for work and I was able to meet him for dinner at Earl's.  Ryan and Chris were fraternity brothers and roommates in college and Chris' wife, Jenell, and I were sorority sisters and roommates in college and we've stayed in touch since then.  It was so great to see Chris and hear how Jenell and their two beautiful baby girls are doing.

2 comments:

  1. That's really fun that you got to see the playoff game. And Rosol. What a fun weekend.

    I am totally impressed you made your reading goal. I fell short in 2011. I did make my movie goal, but my reading goal is more important to me. I did read the first Hunger Games book, which was so good. I am also really excited about the movie. Especially because I saw Winter's Bone and I really liked it and thought Jennifer Lawrence did a great job and am really interested to see what she does with Katniss.

    Did you like the second two? I haven't read them because, way back in the day in college I took a class on adolescent literature. We read The Golden Compass, which was awesome. Then I read the final two on my own and they were super philosophical. I did not enjoy them and wished I hadn't read them because it made me like the first one less. Reading the reviews of The Hunger Games, I was worried the subsequent books would be like that so I haven't read them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the Hunger Games as well and have read the whole trilogy. I am more than thrilled for the movie to come out in March and am seriously considering the midnight showing. My son finally started them in December and is now on the second book. I couldn't convince him of how great they were but once the kids at school started reading them, they instantly became the cool thing! Go figure??? That is so awesome that you were at the playoff game....glad that you had a great time. Heard Ryan's news yesterday. Very sad for us, but thrilled for you guys. He will be sorely missed, but I am sure that there is a bright future ahead for him at the new place. Luckily, I know where to find you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete