Sunday, January 22, 2012

Cones and Blankies

Well hello there!  It's been a long time!  My apologies.  I've been running around a bit crazily lately between my year end closing duties at work and other happenings around the household.  So let me back up and try to recap the goings on for the last week.

Last Saturday I was pleasantly surprised with a package from Leslie's mom, Momma Sharon, when I got home from work.  I've mentioned before how much I enjoy getting packages but usually I'm expecting them; it is so much more fun to receive an unexpected one!  Momma Sharon and her sister made us another awesome blankie!  Actually, it isn't technically for us as it's a little mini blankie meant for our small fur babies.  So adorable!  AND she sent some of her delicious caramels too!  I used to eat my body weight in her homemade caramels and have never found anything that tastes nearly as good.  What a wonderful treat!

Here the girls are on their new blankie while Ryan's watching the Broncos playoff loss (boo) with his blankie.

Also last weekend, China had a small rash on her belly so Ryan doctored her up with some ointment, which warranted us putting the cone on her.  I swear it wasn't just for our entertainment (but it was pretty funny)!


We also spent a lot of time last weekend and last week shopping for a vehicle as Ryan gave his two weeks notice to his current employer and apparently they want their truck back.  We did finally find his perfect vehicle this Friday night and I'll have to upload pictures of the Batmobile when we pick it up.  Oh, and yes he does have a new job which is a very exciting opportunity.

We saw this as we were driving around to car dealers.  Cracks me up:
I think Ryan is referencing some Will Ferrell movie here, which is a good sign that we were still having fun even when negotiating for a vehicle:
Ryan surprised me this week with an awesome bookshelf in the kitchen.  I'd been wanting to find something to hold my cookbooks and now that Ryan isn't travelling anymore he built me this case this week while I was working late.  Isn't that gorgeous? 


This weekend we got to enjoy Ethiopian food !  I've been wanting to try it ever since I read Cutting for Stone and I lucked out and found a Groupon to Abyssinia Market Cafe.  You use this spongy bread (injera) to pick up the different stews (I don't know what else to call them) as you are not given any utensils.  Everything was really yummy and I love eating with my hands but I don't have any good pictures because it was such an intimate and dimly lit place I didn't want to blind everyone with my flash.  I did get a picture of our Ethiopian beers.

I also went shopping this weekend and got these sweet ruby red slippers at Bella A Boutique, a super cute small business in Arvada that I like to support.  I've already had a few comments about the Wizard of Oz...but everyone notices them!

2 comments:

  1. Cook books? did you say cook books?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He hasn't even left yet and he is already doing honey-dos around the house. We are so sad around here....can't even tell you! I do understand though that it is a much better situation all the way around....and in case you were wondering, I will be staying in touch. :) By the way....those shoes are fabulous! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete