Monday, January 9, 2012

Final Days in Kansas

Ryan and I stayed in Kansas on the Tuesday and Wednesday after Christmas.  Ryan worked while I played.  On Tuesday I got to spend the day with Ryan's Mom, Linda.  She took me on my first trip to Charming Charlie's and I was so overwhelmed!  If you like accessories like we do then this is the place for you!  We enjoyed lunch at Cheeseburger in Paradise and then got to see Kelly, Mason, and Reid.  Such a great date with my favorite mother-in-law and getting to see good friends.  I'm afraid I might not have been the best company considering I stayed up so late the night (or should I say morning) before.  We'll blame my sleepiness on my lack of pictures.

Later that night we went to Rob and Jaime's for some Petro Deli fried chicken.  Rob and Jaime, along with other family members, run the two Petro Deli locations in Topeka and Lansing and believe me, they have the best fried chicken and Ryan and I ask for it every time we're back.  The kids also received some late snail mail and emails from Santa.


The next day I slept in and then met my brothers for lunch at Pho Hoa.  Clayton introduced me to a new obsession - I think it's called Banh Mi but I could be wrong.  Anyway, they're these little Vietnamese sandwiches that are so yummy.  I love hanging out with my brothers.
Then I did a little shopping for K-State gear.  It's hard to come by in Denver and I have to be careful not to get anything with just the Power Cat on it because there is a nearby high school that uses it as their logo and I don't want to be that creepy lady that doesn't have a high school kid but still wears the high school gear, you know?  Don't you think this would look nice in our basement?

That night we had dinner with Vearl, Linda, Rob, Jaime, and the kids.  We got up really early the next morning to head back home.  Luckily, we got to meet Leslie in Topeka for breakfast but too bad Luke had to work. 
Because Ryan's territory includes Kansas he checked on a couple stores on our way back.  One of the stores was in Manhattan so I got him to drive me past some of our old haunts.  I'll always have great memories of my time in that town and at that school.  This is the hill we got engaged on.

The rest of the drive was pretty uneventful, thankfully.  The weather was great and for most of the trip the peewees slept on my lap except when I stuck them in the back so we could eat lunch.



No comments:

Post a Comment