Saturday, January 7, 2012

Christmas

On Christmas morning we woke up and headed to Jaime and Rob's to see what the kids got from Santa. 
Then we headed over to Mark and Wendy's for the evening.  Kya and Cole showed us their gifts from Santa.
Kya played Christmas music for us.
Then Wendy made a delicious Christmas dinner of beef tenderloin with red wine sauce, scalloped potatoes, grilled asparagus, creamed spinach, and baked Brussels sprouts.  I wish I would have taken a picture because it was such a pretty spread.  Afterwards Mark, Ryan, Jordan and I headed to Tanner's on 87th
to see my brother Clayton, who is the GM and partial owner, because he was working and we wanted to see him on Christmas.  For anyone that lives in KC you should stop in for steak night or prime rib night or just for a few drinks and say hi to Clayton! 

The next day when Clayton didn't have to work we all spent time together, ate, and opened gifts.




It was the funniest thing when we opened our gifts from Mark and Wendy and we all had ugly Christmas shirts inside!  I guess both sides of our family think alike.  Jordan was the one that picked everything out and it cracked me up that the boys all got ladies turtlenecks.
Why are all the adult men playing with one of Cole's Christmas presents?

Later that night we played some adult games like Catchphrase and pool.


Mark and I stayed up talking waaayyyy too late (like, I think I'm still 21 kind of late) and were both hurting the next day but it was worth it to me to get to spend so much time with my big brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment