Sunday, December 4, 2011

Thanksgiving Weekend

I forgot to mention in my previous posts that I won a pair of tanzanite earrings in Playa!  They are what Ryan calls "cahardlies" as in "cahardly see them" but I think they're pretty.
Anyway, on to the three day weekend we had at home after returning from Mexico.  On Friday, we decided to put up Christmas decorations on the main floor.  Ryan hung the lights outside while I was still sleeping and then once I was up we started working on the inside.  We poured some eggnog spiked with Spice Box whiskey (delicious combination), turned on the Christmas tunes and got to work.
We bought a ton of new ornaments last year and all of them are shatter resistant.
Apparently this was not one of those shatter resistant ornaments.
 Ryan took a picture of this because he said it was the first time he'd seen me use a broom.  Very funny.
The girls watched all the holiday spirit from a distance.
Later that night I made a Thanksgiving type meal of roast chicken, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, and cider brussels sprouts.  Yummy. 
On Saturday we went to the Avs game with Amy and Dion and afterward went to The Breckenridge Brewery.


Then on Sunday I got to go to The Lion King musical at the Buell Theater with some friends and dinner at Mickey's afterwards.  The musical was wonderful.  The costumes were amazing and the singing and music was so fun.  Dinner was very yummy too and I always love trying new places.

We had a fantastic Thanksgiving vacation and hope everyone else did as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment