Monday, December 19, 2011

NYC

A week ago today I flew to NYC for software training.  I have always loved New York so I was extremely excited to get to attend training in the city.  I chose a hotel in the financial district as my training facility was just around the corner.  The first night there I was able to meet Holly, one of my sorority sisters from K-State.  She moved to Manhattan (The Big Apple in NY, not the Little Apple in KS - hehe) a little before Ryan and I moved to Denver.  Here we are at a cute little West Village bar called Wilfie and Nell.  It was so great to see her and catch up!
I stayed out much too late but when in Rome...right?  The next night I went to Rockefeller Center as seeing the tree was number one on my sightseeing list.  The walk from the subway station to the tree was beautiful.  The city is just magical during Christmas time.  Everything it decorated so beautifully and the Christmas spirit is palpable. 

I was lucky enough to stumble upon Magnolia Bakery on my walk so I stopped in and purchased a Red Velvet cupcake that I took with me to enjoy while I was admiring the Rockefeller Center tree. 






I decided then to walk around a bit more and head towards Times Square. 


I ended my evening with dinner at Tony's di Napoli, which was delicious, and then headed back to the financial district.  I stayed out way too late again but I wanted to squeeze every single minute out of my trip!  I did a great job the first two nights and had a fabulous time!  I'll write about my last night in my next post. 

1 comment:

  1. I am so jealous! I have always wanted to go to NYC during this time of year. It looks like you had a wonderful time....and the city looks amazing all decked out for the holidays! Hopefully, Ryan let you know that I got your soap yesterday. I absolutely love it...it smells heavenly!

    ReplyDelete