Sunday, February 20, 2011

Weekend

What a great weekend!  Although Ryan is in his last few weeks of school and is very focused on his final projects we still squeezed in a lot of fun this weekend!  We kicked it off on Friday by meeting our friends Scott and Sue at Buffalo Wild Wings.  Yum!  We love our wings and we happen to live really close to a BWW which is perfect!  Great food and great company! 

Saturday we went to the Colorado Garden and Home Show where Ryan's friend Dion was working a booth for his company.  (We also got to see Dion's lovely wife Amy, who is due any day with their first baby girl!)  As you can see from the pictures, Ryan was very interested in the beautiful landscaping (OK maybe he looks less than excited here) while I was more interested in the hot dog stands.  (Is anyone surprised?).


Because the show was downtown and we had gift certificates, we had planned on going to The Cheesecake Factory afterwards.  We thought we could just walk the few blocks to the restaurant from the Convention Center as it was gorgeous and 60 degrees when we first got to the show; however, when we left it was pouring!!!  We ended up running to the parking garage and getting completely soaked.  Wish I had a picture of that.  We ended up going to the Yak and Yeti, which I LOVE, so all was well. 

Other weekend highlights:

  1. This sweet thing (yes in the first picture he is waiting for me to come home from work): 
  2. causes me extreme stress because of the HUGE amount of hair that he can lose in one day.  Like the groomer said,  "Those are called German Shedders not German Shepherds".  Each day he loses the equivalent of a small dog (aka Peanut) and I can't seem to vacuum enough! Well, I found out that the groomer at our vet's office does "deshedding".  I called immediately to get him in and it worked wonders!  Don't get me wrong, he still sheds but it's nothing like it was!  I am so excited and definitely plan to take him in regularly.
  3. I found the most delightful little cupcake shop in the Highlands:  Happy Cakes.  I brought home four cupcakes on Friday after work and we gobbled them all up by lunch time on Saturday.  My personal favorite was the Cherry Coke although I thoroughly enjoyed every flavor we tried:  Vanilla on Vanilla, Red Velvet, and Happy Together (chocolate cupcake with vanilla frosting).  If you live in Denver I highly recommend!



Anyway, that's all for now as I must get ready for the upcoming week.  Hope everyone has a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment