Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Tipping Point

I absolutely love to read.  It is one of my favorite things to do so I thought I'd post about a few of the books I've been reading.  I just finished reading The Tipping Point" by Malcom Gladwell and it was a very interesting and thought provoking book.  It's basically all about what exactly causes ideas, products, behaviors, etc. to become mainstream.  I think this would be an interesting book for anyone that is in any type of sales or marketing.  The author uses real life examples throughout the book to capture your attention, including topics as seemingly vastly different as the midnight ride of Paul Revere to the US teenage smoking epidemic. 

I have also read this author's book "Blink" and enjoyed it as well.  It is about how people think, or more appropriately how we make unconscious snap decisions.  I typically prefer fiction books but these two definitely kept my attention.

Now I'm moving on to The Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice.  I had never wanted to read them before because I don't really like anything scary and vampires seem scary to me.  I never even watched the movie they made of the first book "Interview with the Vampire"!  But my friend Sue convinced me the books were not scary so I read the first one and it was really good!  Now on to "The Vampire Lestat".

Some other good reading material and a couple of my all time favorites are "The Kite Runner" by Khalid Hosseini and "The Bronze Horseman" by Paullina Simons (she went to KU!).  I am such a sucker for historical fiction!

No comments:

Post a Comment