Monday, July 23, 2012

Yves Saint Laurent

The Denver Art Museum housed an Yves Saint Laurent exhibition for a few months and I really wanted to see it it as I'm interested in fashion (I was an apparel textile marketing major for awhile).  So Ryan took me the last weekend it was in town and I absolutely loved it.  I thought it was curated very creatively and the pieces were gorgeous!  I've never knowingly seen any piece of haute couture up close and personal and I was amazed at the precision and intricacy of craftsmanship.  There were a couple of jackets there inspired by Van Gogh paintings and they were so beautiful.  I wish I could have taken a picture but I don't think that would have even shown a fraction of how amazing these pieces were. I could be a little off on the timing but I believe they said it took almost a third of a year to complete each jacket. 

You can tell how excited Ryan was:
And here I am in front of the wall art outside the exhibition:

I'm so glad I got to see this exhibition.  I think I appreciate it even more because I'm not around or involved with art and this type of creativity very often. 

No comments:

Post a Comment