Saturday, July 14, 2012

43.86!

Two weekends ago, Scott and Sue invited us on a bike ride as Sue had just gotten a new road bike.  We left (way too) early that Sunday morning and talked about going maybe 15-20 miles round trip.  Well, it was such a beautiful day and we kept riding and riding...and finally were so close to downtown Denver that we ended up just riding all the way there!  We ended up going 43.86 miles, which is the farthest I have ever ridden on my bike.  I don't know how Scott and Ryan did it on mountain bikes because I was pretty tired by the time we got home and I know my bike is way more efficient on the paved trails.  And I don't know how Sue did it on her first long ride!  But we all made it and I thought it was a really fun ride and a great workout.


Us as the Arvada Beer Company is the only other picture I have from that weekend:
We had so much fun on our bike ride to Denver that on the 4th of July we decided to bike to Golden for breakfast/brunch at Table Mountain Inn.

It's a good thing we got home when we did because later that day there were air quality warnings because of all the fires.  Eek.  You wouldn't have had to hear it on the news to know that the air was bad.  We walked out of the house after about an hour and the smell and haze were noticeable.  So, we decided to stay inside the rest of the day and watch Batman to prepare for The Dark Knight Rises.  :) 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! That is so impressive. You guys should be proud of your long ride.

    ReplyDelete