Sunday, July 1, 2012

Phoenix

Last month I got to go to Phoenix for PWC's School of Mines and lucky for me one of my oldest friends, Lindsay, and her husband Ryan (who I also grew up with) and their daughter Lily live in Scottsdale.  It was so much fun to see them all and go out for dinner at the delicious Chelsea's Kitchen.  Unfortunately, I didn't get a single picture.

One of the days of the conference was a tour of a copper mine in Bagdad, AZ.  It was quite the adventure to get there.  The buses showed up 2 hours late (which matters when the trip is 2-3 hours) and it was so warm out the air conditioning could not keep up.  It certainly didn't help that we were all in jeans and long-sleeved shirts.  Once we got there, the tour was very interesting.  Here a few of my colleagues and I pose by a giant hauler.
Here I am right by it's tire.

Copper!

The open pit copper mine:

The best part of the trip :)

One night a few of us went out for Greek food at Athena's with my Greek colleague John.  Yum!




1 comment:

  1. Seriously, how did we forget to take a picture? We LOVED seeing you and hope you (and Ryan) can visit again!!! And we need to make a trip to Denver soon...especially in the summer, it's hot in AZ! :)

    ReplyDelete