Monday, April 2, 2012

Enjoying the Weather

For the rest of the weekend a week ago, we spent a ton of time outside enjoying the weather.  We went cruising in The Church Lady.
Ryan took me by Happy Cakes and I got a Mexican Chocolate cupcake that was absolutely delicious.  I first tried Mexican hot chocolate at our resort when we were in Playa del Carmen last November and I had to have it every day because I loved it so much.  This cupcake incorporated the sweet and spicy components just like the Mexican hot chocolate I was obsessed with.  And I know these pictures are sideways, I can't figure out how to change them so for now...you get sideways pictures.

We enjoyed a fire out on our patio.  Hopefully we get some precipitation this week so we can continue to have fires this spring and summer. Just last week was the scary North Fork fire that burned out of control and destroyed thousands of acres and many homes.



This past weekend was also extremely gorgeous so we walked one evening to Dairy Queen, Ryan put up more of the fence so that all he has left is to repair some of the slats, and we enjoyed some beverages on the patio of a little bar in Olde Town Arvada.

I think this doggie at Cheapskates wanted to go home with us.
Saturday night we grabbed some wings at Buffalo Wild Wings and then headed home to watch the Final Four and cheer for KU.  While I hold KSU nearest and dearest to my heart, I also attended KU for one degree so will always cheer for them as long as they aren't playing KSU.  Hopefully they can start to do a little better in the championship game tonight as they are currently down quite a bit heading into halftime!
Also last weekend we just spent time outside doing nothing other than relaxing, talking, reading, etc.  It was wonderful.



We finished the summery weekend off with some summery barbeque.  YUM!

1 comment:

  1. As always...great pictures! Glad you guys are enjoying beautiful weather. It has been really nice here as well...I think we topped out today at about 90...I would prefer about 75, but "you get what you get and don't throw a fit". :)

    ReplyDelete