Saturday, March 31, 2012

New iPhone

Well, I got the newest iPhone, which it totally awesome and I'm obsessed with Siri and the screen resolution and picture taking capabilities and pretty much everything else, but I'm having issues figuring out how to rotate and save my pictures.  I never had problems with my old iPhone but I'm fairly technologically incompetent so I think I'm going to have to have Ryan take a look at this for me.  So, until I (Ryan) get that figured out, I might not be posting many pictures. 

So, anyway, we've had a good week and a half since I last wrote.  A week ago Wednesday Ryan stopped by our friend Jodi's house after work to help her with a quick fix on her convertible so she could drive with the top down in the gorgeous weather we've been having.  I suggested that we all go to dinner as I didn't know how long it would take and we didn't have any other plans.  Well, when we showed up at Jodi's she had some tasty beverages ready for us and the cup she handed Ryan had an uneven base (on purpose) so when he set it down it seemed as if it was going to spill everywhere.  Hehe.  Pretty funny joke.  After Ryan fixed the car we eventually went to dinner at Mickey's and Jodi and I enjoyed more cocktails and we ended up not getting home until well past our bedtimes on a weeknight!  It was fun to break the normal weeknight routine and spend time visiting with a friend.

Last Friday, Ryan took me to a Greek/Italian restaurant I'd been wanting to try and I had a groupon for.  I'd never had authentic Greek food until a few years ago when I was in Salt Lake City with one of my Greek colleagues and I couldn't get enough of it but he told me there wasn't anything as good in Denver as what we enjoyed in Salt Lake as the place was owned by a Greek man and his parents and Mom and Dad did a lot of the preparation and cooking.  It was actually kind of funny because the family that owned the restaurant knew people that my colleague knew in Denver.  Apparently the Greek community (out West at least) is pretty tight knit.  So, even though John warned me there weren't any great Greek restaurants in Denver, I was bound and determined to try to find one.  I'm glad that Ryan was willing to take me, considering it was clear across town, but alas, Bucci's in Denver did not measure up to Aristo's in Salt Lake.
This is a picture of the saginaki (flaming cheese) appetizer we got. 
Saturday morning, Ryan was up bright and early to start setting posts for our fence that blew over during some high winds.  I don't think the dogs are going to be very happy when he's finished and can't have access to the giant backyard behind us.  The neighbors back there made sure to tell us they didn't mind if we left the fence down for awhile because they just love our little little dogs.

While Ryan was working, he asked me to make him some coffee because he didn't want to come into the house all dirty and gross.  I proceeded to tell him that I don't know how to make coffee but he assured me it was very easy and to just put some scoops in the filter and fill the reservoir.  So that's what I did.

I don't think Ryan is going to ask me to make coffee anymore. 

1 comment:

  1. Too cute about the coffee!I would have been the same way. I am sure you will get used to the new phone....I finally made the jump to a big girl phone. I went from a very basic Samsung Gravity to the Galaxy II S. Huge adjustment but slowly but surely I am finding my way. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete