Thursday, March 22, 2012

Birthdays, Vail, and More

No I haven't stopped blogging!  I don't know what has kept me from updating in the past few weeks but since I've been away for so long this might be a long and disjointed blog.  With not very many pictures.  Let's see, where to start.  Well, two weekends ago we had a couple of birthday parties to attend.  Our friend CJ threw a surprise party for his wife at the West Woods Golf Club Bar & Grill that is pretty close to our house but we'd never been to.  Jane was surprised and we had a great night meeting new friends.  We also attended Lily's first birthday party, which was butterfly themed.  Lily did a great job on her cake and it was fun to catch up with Amy and Dion and Steve and Lindsay.  Also that weekend we went skiing at Vail.  I really wanted to try out a new ski resort because we'd only gone to Keystone all season.  I really liked that at Vail you park in an underground parking garage and then you have just a very short walk to the lifts.  And the village is SO adorable.  I didn't like the actual slopes as much as Keystone though.  I felt like I was catwalking a lot (which is where you are on a flat area and have to propel yourself) and that I had to take various lifts to get where I wanted.  I think a lot of that is probably because Vail is an older resort.  It was actually extremely warm up there that day and I was too hot in my ski gear!  Who knew that could happen?  Unfortunately, I think that might have been our last ski day of the season because it has been so unseasonably warm and there was never a really good snow base to begin with.





Also that weekend we got to enjoy a drink and pizza out on the patio at Udi's because the weather was SO nice.  We met our friends Jess and Jesse at Arvada Beer Company for some drinks and conversation and we enjoyed dim sum with our church group at a new place called The Emperor.

Last weekend we vowed not to make any plans and we did a really good job of it.  We got to take care of a lot of housekeeping type items and I was able to enjoy running outside, Ryan got to work a little on The Church Lady and he tore down the rest of the back fence that the wind didn't blow over.  Now our dogs have a huge area to roam around in because the neighbors behind us have a very oversized yard.  We also both enjoyed some pampering massages.  It was a wonderful weekend!  Sometimes I think the most mundane weekends can also be the most enjoyable. 

I read a couple books in the last couple weeks, one of which I loved:  Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See.  I also watched the movie Bridesmaids which I found pretty hilarious because I'm easily amused with raunchy humor and I appreciated that the humor was coming from other females.

1 comment:

  1. I am all for those mundane weekends where there is nothing going on....just wish I could figure out how to make that happen more often! :)

    ReplyDelete