Monday, February 20, 2012

Success!

Last weekend Ryan and I went to Keystone and I finally got in a whole day of skiing with no wrecks!  No wrecking and no stopping AND I even met Ryan when and where we were supposed to meet this time.  I am calling it a success!  Now that I know how to ski (I am by no means good) I am having such a good time!  It is amazing to go swishing down the slope so fast (Ryan might disagree with my word choice of "fast") with the beautiful surroundings and the sun shining brightly.  I always used to ask Ryan what exactly it was he loved so much about skiing and he could never really put it into words and now I am struggling with the same thing.  I guess if I had to use a few descriptive words I'd pick:  nature, beauty, freedom, adrenaline.  If you love to ski, what are some of the things you love most about it?

I had the best Vanilla Cinnamon Chai at Inxpot before the lifts opened.

Ryan being ornery before we took the gondola to the summit.

Pictures I took while on the chair lift:



Also over the weekend, I finally removed my navel ring.  Actually, Ryan had to remove it because I was too grossed out to mess with it.  I really don't know what possessed me to get it 12 years ago but I got so used to it I pretty much forgot it was there.  Then I read something about how "90s" it was to have one...and considering it is 2012 and I don't want to be "stuck in the [insert decade here]"...out it came.  I think you can tell I wore it for 12 years straight.
Anyway, I'll end this post with a scene from our household.  Where's Waldo (China)?
Look closely...there are two little white legs under the table and in between them is a leg from a maimed horse squeaky toy.  Notice how Peanut and Mojo are hovering?  It didn't take long for this to happen.

Peanut is such a 6 pound bully.

1 comment:

  1. How great that you feel more comfortable skiing! If I was closer to the snow maybe I would try to tackle skiing again, but I don't think it is in the cards for me. You will be swishing down the slopes as fast as Ryan before you know it. Have a great week!!!

    ReplyDelete