- Copeland has been sick the past couple of weeks and it breaks my heart. It's mostly been cough/cold but he has run a brief low temperature as well. I remember reading in several "new working mom" books that I would feel helpless the first time my son got sick because I'm so used to being in control and it is absolutely true. It's such a crazy feeling to know I can't do anything about it because at this point in my life at my age I've been through enough that I pretty much never feel ineffectual like I do right now. I wish I could just take it out of him and put it in me.
- I love, love, LOVE Copeland's day care. I miss him so dearly during the day but I am so happy with where we chose to send him. They always give us written report cards and tell us verbally every day how he was and what he was doing and who he was playing with. They call if they think there's anything we'd like to know before we pick him up and we also often get pictures of fun activities, such as finger painting. Finger painting at 4 months old! We recently received a picture of all the little babies done up for the Broncos game: the boys had black stripes under their eyes and the girls had orange and blue paper "skirts". Adorable! And I love this one of him hanging out with some of the other babies.
- I was driving in my car the other day and a Sublime song came on. I thought "Oh I love this song. I used to listen to this all the time in high school." Then the song referenced 1992 and I thought "Geez, 1992, that was forever ago! Why was I still listening to this old music in high school?" And then I remembered: I started high school in 1994...20 years ago!!! What?!?! How is this possible? I don't feel like I started high school 20 years ago! I don't think I act like I started high school 20 years ago! Well....wait. Let me think...I dooo go to bed at approximately 9 pm every night. I guess I do have a full time job. And a child. And assets like a house and car. And I do responsible things like pay bills, grocery shop, clean house, etc. So maybe I am a bona fide adult? This just doesn't seem possible. I'm pretty sure I'm still 18ish at heart.
- I have some important questions: When will my pregnancy induced sweet tooth go away? Will my feet ever shrink back to my pre-baby size? When will I learn how to paint my fingernails without also painting a large portion of my finger skin? Why can't I have 4 day work weeks and 3 day weekends? Why is Peanut so mean to China and Mojo?
- I love Amazon Prime.
- I really, really want a KitchenAid mixer and some Pioneer Woman cookbooks. (Both things I'm sure I could order off of Amazon Prime). Does this make me more adultish? I also would like a real camera that is not also a phone/music device/email/text/app multi-purpose tool (aka my iPhone). I think all these wants are definitely very adult like.
- I love to slide across our wood floors in my socks. Does this refute any of the above evidence that I'm adult?
- Until next time...stay classy dear blog readers.
Thursday, January 30, 2014
Here's a list in no particular order of the various things running through my head: