Sunday, January 5, 2014

Christmas (continued)

On Christmas morning we all woke up and stayed in our Christmas pj's to open gifts and eat cinnamon rolls.  Ryan and I try to keep the gift exchange pretty low key between us and want to keep it that way going forward so Copeland can learn that Christmas is not just about presents and that while it is nice to receive it is also very rewarding to give.  Hopefully when he is a little older and understands what is going on we can involve him in philanthropy.  So, Copeland got four gifts from us: something he wants (glow sea horse), something he needs (teething toy), something to wear (pj's), and something to read (Christmas book). And Santa brought him an exersaucer, which he's not quite old enough for yet but he still seems to like it a lot.  

We spent the rest of the day as a family at home and enjoyed a delicious dinner that night.  What a wonderful first Christmas with our sweet son.

I was so lucky to have the rest of the week off and we finished it off by meeting Jodi for lunch, Brian and Judy for dinner, spending lots of quality family time together, and taking Copeland in for a test day at day care.  He did wonderfully and Ryan and I were able to see Anchorman 2, have a late lunch at PF Changs, and go shopping.  It was a nice date day with my beloved.  All too soon my time off came to an end.  It's crazy how quickly a few days can fly by.  I was lucky, though, because my boys came downtown for lunch with me on my Monday back to work.
And then lucky me I had part of Tuesday and all day Wednesday off for the New Year!  We joined some friends on NYE for a few hours - we are not quite as good at staying up late as we used to be!  Then Ryan started back to work the day after New Year's and Copeland went in for his first two real days of day care.  The day care ladies say he is super cheerful and content while he is there, he likes to check out the other babies, and he eats really well too.  

It seems like the transition is going really well for all of us so I'm very thankful for that.  I'm also thankful for the WEEKEND when we get more time with our little guy!  I just wanted to squeeze, squeeze, squeeze him all this weekend.  I did plenty of that, in addition to enjoying dinner with some of our old neighbors and also meeting Dion and Amy for breakfast.

Phew...and there.  I'm caught up on all the happenings in our household since Christmas!  Hope you and yours had a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment