Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Milestones

I can't believe Copeland is already 12 weeks old!  Technically I was supposed to go back to work today but when I was applying for my time off I miscalculated 12 weeks (why yes, I am an accountant) and requested off until next week - lucky me I get one extra week with my baby boy!  I am experiencing a lot of different feelings about going back to work...On the positive side I think day care will be great for him because they're so good about activities there and he'll be able to socialize with other adults and children (whereas I'm a bit of a hermit so when he's with me...well - he sees me) and also we'll all be able to settle into a nice little routine and I'll be able to get some adult time (remember, I'm a hermit).  Also, I know the weekends will become more special to me.  On the down side...wwwwaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!  I am going to miss Copeland SSSOOOOOOOOOOO much and it is going to be so hard for me to leave him.  Also, no matter how good the day care providers are - they aren't me.  But, I am so lucky to be returning to a great place with such a supportive team and Copeland will be going to a day care that Ryan and I both researched and visited and liked a great deal.  But still, wwwwwahhhhhhhhh.

Anywho, enough of my ramblings and on to the subject of this post: milestones.  Copeland grows so fast and seems to change every single day so I'm not always great about remembering when he does something new, like using his legs to support himself when I'm holding him upright, or kicking his legs so much at the toys on his play mat; however, recently he did a couple things that I want to make sure to record:  he giggled and he also rolled over!  The first time he rolled over was two weeks ago Friday.  We were down on the floor doing tummy time and he was kicking and squirming so much I thought he actually might do it so I told Ryan to watch and sure enough the little guy rolled over onto his back!  He just kinda looked around like "what's up".  HAHAHAHA.  Such a calm little guy.  Then he did it just a little bit later in that same day and didn't do it again until last night!  I guess he has to be in the mood or something.
The giggling happened early last week.  Ryan had said he thought Copeland was trying to giggle before then but early last week at the condo he did it several times in a row and it was unmistakable.  Cutest thing ever.  It sounds like "hee hee eeeek".  Cracks me up.  Also, I've since resigned myself to the fact that Daddy is the fun and funny one considering he is the first one to get Copeland to smile and giggle.  Sigh.
In other milestones - I am back to wearing real pants.  You know, the kind with a zipper and a button.

And here are some cute pictures of Daddy and Son watching football:




1 comment:

  1. Aren't those milestones great.....I wish I would have been better at recording Zach's. I wasn't scrapbooking then and certainly not blogging - I guess I didn't realize at the time how important that would be to me now....***sigh. Good for you for getting an extra week and it is so good that you found a daycare that you are very secure with!

    ReplyDelete