Thursday, January 17, 2013

Time for Christmas

The first weekend after we made it back home from vacation we had my company Christmas party at Mile High Station.  We had yummy food and drinks and were able to mingle and start getting into the holiday spirit, which was great because since we'd just come home from warm weather and different cultures (and had pretty much skipped Thanksgiving) we didn't feel like it was time for Christmas yet!
We also put up our Christmas tree and decorated the house that weekend.  Just like last year, I busted an ornament.  Maybe that's going to be one of my Christmas traditions...  I love how warm and cozy the house feels when the tree is up and all the lights are turned down except for a few lamps, candles, Christmas lights, and the fireplace.  Ahhhh, it just makes me want to curl up with a blanket, my fur babies, some hot cocoa, and a good book or movie.

Speaking of good movies, we decided to get a couple new Christmas movies for this year's holiday season.  The only Christmas movie we owned was Elf, which is probably my favorite movie of all time and I know every single line of it.  I used to watch that movie every single weeknight when we first moved to Colorado because we didn't have cable, Ryan was travelling, and I didn't know anyone.  I can't tell you why I didn't watch other movies or read books.  I can just tell you that's what I did and Elf will always have a special place in my heart.  But, for the new Christmas movies, we decided to purchase some classics:  White Christmas and It's a Wonderful Life.  Neither of us had seen either of the movies before.  We loved them.  What beautiful movies.  Both very different but both so enjoyable.  I definitely think these are going to be movies we watch every year during the holiday season.

1 comment:

  1. Your tree was beautiful! Hope you guys had a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete