Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Weekend Pictures

In addition to our Lost Lake hike over the weekend, we got to enjoy pho (pronounced "fu" like "fun" without the "n""), my new obsession.  Pho is a Vietnamese noodle soup that I recently tried for the first time and I can't get enough of it.  Bless Ryan's heart for humoring me and taking me out frequently and not being embarrassed when restaurant workers know who I am..hey, it's like on Cheers where everybody knows my name!
I also went with a friend to the Denver School of Massage Therapy for half price massages.  Normally they charge $25 but last weekend it was only $12.50 for a one hour massage.  I absolutely love massages and think they can really help you feel better so I jumped at Marlene's invitation.  Below we are sitting inside the school waiting for our massages.
While I was away, Ryan worked out, washed all the windows on the inside and outside of the house, replaced the pump in our fountain, filled the pond with rocks for easier maintenance, and I'm sure did about eight other things that I don't know about.  I don't know how he does a million things in the time it takes me to get one thing done but I imagine it has to do with his high energy level.  I'm sure it doesn't have anything to do with my ability to be easily sidetracked.
Here is Peanut watching Ryan wash the windows.  And we wonder why we can't keep flowers alive in those pots.

Here is Peanut thanking Ryan for fixing the fountain by drinking out of it.  Later a squirrel came down and drank out of it but we didn't get a picture of that.
And here's me after my massage.  I was supposed to be folding laundry but clearly Ryan caught me doing otherwise.  And China decided to join me apparently.
Really China is just happy to be sleeping anywhere that is soft and cushy so I don't know why she wanted to sleep right there.  Hmpf.  Here she is sleeping with Ryan.  (Yes, he actually does sleep).
And here she is sleeping on this lumpy pillow with Peanut.  Before anyone asks, no I didn't wash the actual pillow.  I just washed the pillow case and when I shoved the pillow back inside it was all lumpy like that.  Who would actually wash a pillow?  Especially after being ridiculed for the past several years after trying it once?

No comments:

Post a Comment