Monday, September 8, 2014

False Alarm

A year ago today, I thought I was in the beginning stages of labor.  I woke up in the morning and told Ryan there was a possibility I was in labor and we should probably call the doctor.  I wasn't due until September 29th but I just knew I was going to have my baby early.  I believe my prediction had been that I would have Baby Copeland on September 19th or 20th.  Anyway, because it was a Sunday and my ob/gyn didn't have office hours, I had to be admitted to the hospital.  I was put into the gown and hooked up to all the monitoring devices and everything.  Turns out I wasn't in labor.  Now don't laugh about that!  It happens!  In fact, because I felt so sheepish about not knowing whether I was in labor or not I looked it up and it happens A LOT.  I won't share the gory details with you because, let's be honest, a lot about childbirth is gory, but I was justified in thinking something strange was going on with my body.  And considering I truly went into labor the very next day...I think my body was telling me something!  Here are the pictures Ryan captured from the false alarm.  


No comments:

Post a Comment