Sunday, June 12, 2011

Sicky

Poor Ryan has been sick all weekend.  He didn't start feeling too terrible until Saturday morning so at least on Friday he was able to go pick out a new mower and use it, which was very exciting to him.  Apparently this new mower has a variable speed control system and some type of built-in under carriage washer...features that Ryan finds quite convenient.

As Ryan was sick we ended up cancelling Saturday and Sunday plans with friends but I was able to use some of that time to train for my first triathlon.  My training consists of bike riding, swimming, running (the three events in a triathlon) and weight lifting.  Wow, is it ever difficult to get back into swimming shape.  I knew it was going to be tiring but I didn't realize I would feel wasted after just wriggling into my Speedo.  I should have known then that I wouldn't be utilizing my flip turns that I was so excited for, considering after swimming one length of the pool I needed to stop and catch my breath!  Hopefully this starts to get easier so that I'm able to successfully complete my race.

I also was able to spend some time reading The Witching Hour by Anne Rice (yes I'm still on my Anne Rice kick).  This book is 1,000 pages so it's taking me a little longer to read than most books.  It's really good, though, so I don't mind. 

I tried to feed Ryan spicy foods all weekend to help clear his sinuses but it hasn't been working and he can't really taste anything.  At least I've been able to enjoy hot wings and smoky beef tacos.  He suggested I put him in Bumblebee with no ventilation and put a shrimp boil on.  Hehe.  I hope he starts to feel better soon because I know it just kills him to be still for more than 15 seconds at a time.  You know he's feeling terrible when he's on the couch in the middle of the day!

At least he was in good company with all the fur babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment