Sunday, April 27, 2014

Perfect Weekend

My weekend got off to a great start because Ryan surprised me with a Mommy's night out on Friday.  He had scheduled a massage and mani/pedi for me and then when I got home he had cooked an amazing dinner of salmon croquettes.  What a relaxing Friday night!

Saturday morning we had Copeland's third swim lesson and Ryan got in with him this time as I had swam with him during his previous two lessons.  Basically the lessons try to teach how to be comfortable and safe in the water while having fun.
Copeland loves his swim lessons!  We knew he would because he always has such a ball at bath time.  He even thinks getting dunked is pretty funny.



Swimming sure is super tiring though.  Little man slept right through our trip to Dunkin Donuts and then some.  Those feet!  I just want to eat them up!


It was such a beautiful day that we wanted to get out and enjoy the sunshine so later we went on a hike not too far from our house.  We we were so eager to get out that we didn't pack a hat or jacket for Copeland so we rigged something up that we thought would protect him a little from the wind and sun.  (Don't worry - he did actually have sunscreen on).  It worked out well at first:
But then it turned into this:
Ha!  So we ended up hiking like this:
And he was just fine.

We ended the evening with another yummy meal by Ryan - beef stir-fry.  We had discussed going to church this morning but I slept too late.  Oops.  It was a perfect overcast day to hang out at the house in our pjs.  I probably never would have changed out of my pjs if I hadn't had a neighborhood tea in the afternoon.  It was lovely to catch up with some of the neighborhood ladies for a couple hours and then come back home to my boys.

What a perfect weekend.


1 comment:

  1. Looks like he is loving his swim lessons...so did Zachary. It looks like he is taking after you and Ryan...loving the outdoors! What a sweet boy!

    ReplyDelete